Now we all know its toward the end of the semester. You know what that means, yes finals. The time to stress to make sure you get the grade you deserved. To some these tests are very important. People study and study to make sure they can do well and do their best. To others they are just another test they aren't gonna study for. Some people need the the grade so they spend the whole weekend reviewing and cramming as much info in them as they can. While others, get to class and remember "oh yeah I have a math final today, oh well." Sometimes the weekend before final people tend to freak out and trap themselves in their room. But which ever way you look at finals, I am going to give a few tips that hopefully can help to relieve some of that stress and ensure that you do well on them.
Tips for surviving finals:
1. Don’t panic- its one final and its only part of your grade.
2. Don’t be too relaxed-but dont blow it off, it still has some effect.
3. Use an effective study method-find your own method that helps you comprehend easily.
4. Arrive on time for the exam- its important and ensures you that you can take it
5. Don’t worry about others finishing earlier than you- dont freak if others finish, take your time.
6. Read the directions on the test- sometimes there are helpful hints so make sure to read them.
7. Take breaks when studying- studying then taking a break will give you the chance to take a breather. This gives your brain a little rest.
8. Get enough sleep- pulling an all-nighter to study isn't a good idea, you should be rested
But seriously are finals even necessary. I mean they are one big test that can make or break you grade! Everyone stresses over one little test. 20% of your grade could do some damage though. I personally think they should lower the percentage to 10 or 15%, that would be more fair. Because even if you do bad on one test you should get the grade you deserve! So what are your views on finals? Are they really necessary? And is the percentage unfair? write your thoughts below.I hope my tips can help you and give you some help for these stressful times. I mean it is junior year, and the most important year. The one where all the colleges focus on and finals can sometimes make or break your grade. But I mean thats not too much stress. Well I hoped you like them, and keep them in mind when studying for finals. Good luck to everyone! :)